In a scorching weather, one looks for cold things for consumption to beat the heat. Badami Kulfa is a matchless choice for this task.
One finds it hard to avoid this sweet delight even if he has diabetes. This helps calm your nerves in sweltering season and gives your body relief at least for a brief period of time.
Here is the recipe to make Badami Kulfa.
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tbsp grated khoya
- 3 tbsp unrefined sugarcane
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup ground pistachios
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 4 cardamom
- 1 tsp rose water
- 2 pinches saffron
1. Heat milk on low flame in a wide pan for 18 to 20 minutes.
2. Then, add sugar and stir for 3- 4 minutes.
3. Dissolve the corn starch in 3 tbsp milk and mix well. Then, add in the pan and stir thoroughly.
4. Grind cardamom into powder and remove the husks.
5. When the mixture thickens, add khoya, almonds and pistachios along cardamom.
6. Stir well and let it simmer for a minute on low flames. Make sure the khoya is distributed evenly.
7. Switch off the flames.
8. Add rose water and crushed saffron and mix them well.
9. Let the mixture cool off for half an hour. Afterwards, pour the content into serving bowls or ice cream moulds.
10. Put the Kulfa in freezer and enjoy the delight when frozen.